CRAVE in Boronia has now been booked for Saturday 27th April for the club presentation night and AGM. The night will start at 6pm.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The purpose of the meeting is to elect a committee for the following 12 months and to present the clubs’ financial statements. No business will be discussed unless prior notification has been received and all positions other than the Secretary are declared vacant at this time.
The Blackburn Cycling Club is only as successful as its organising committee. Being a committee member is a rewarding and challenging experience.
The role and responsibility of the committee is to:
• co‐ordinate the planning of activities in a manner which ensures the aims and objectives of the club are fulfilled
• carry out the recommendations of members as expressed at the annual general meeting
• provide members with detailed information regarding the running of the club
• monitor and oversee the running of the club, officials and sub‐committees or club employees
• ensure that all committee members are well‐versed in past activities and the reasons for previous decisions, making sure any deviations from these are fully considered
• negotiate training opportunities for Administrators, Officials and Coaches, provide detailed written and oral records and job descriptions to a newly elected committee so they can settle into their duties quickly
• planning and budgeting for the future
• ensure that all members of the committee are role models in the area of leadership
• ensure members abide by the cycling code of conduct
• ensure the club’s sustainable future through adopting a risk management approach
• approach that considers the health of the club and its members as a priority.
There are two classes of roles within the club:
- Executive Committee Positions:
With the exception of the President and Secretary all positions are held for one year and vacated at the Annual General Meeting scheduled for March – May each year. The positions of President and Secretary are held for two years with the positions being made vacant on alternate years.
- Officer Bearer Positions:
These positions are generally appointed for a twelve month term and are generally reappointed/confirmed at the Annual General Meeting each year.
Nominations for all below positions are welcome. If there is more than one nomination for the position of an elected role there will be a vote at the AGM to decide who will be appointed to the role or the in some cases the role can be shared. Role descriptions and Nomination Forms can be found published under “ABOUT US” on Team App https://blackburncyclingclub.teamapp.com/documents
or email the club at email@example.com.
Executive Committee Members:
- Vice President
- Club Captain
- Business Strategy
- Racing Chairperson
- Rider/Junior Development Chairperson
- Women & Girls Development Chairperson
- Communications Chairperson
- Sponsorship Chairperson
- Fundraising Chairperson
- Social Club Chairperson
- Club Captain
Other Office Bearers:
- Club Vice Captain
- Junior Boys Club Captain
- Junior Girls Club Captain
- Membership Secretary
- Chief Commissaire
- Assistant Handicapper
- Trophy Steward
- Track Aggregate Steward
- Races Results Coordinator
- Grants Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Club Apparel Coordinator
- Facilities/Asset Coordinator
- Website Coordinator
- News Items Coordinator
- Traffic Permits Coordinator
Junior Team Managers (Coordinate State Track & Road Club Championship Teams):
J19 – Manger is Club Captain
TRAINING AND ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED TO ANYONE WISHING TO UNDERTAKE A ROLE ON THE COMMITTEE OR AS AN OFFICE BEARER.
For the Club to be successful, it is fundamentally important that the above roles are filled. If members and/or parents don’t elect to volunteer for said roles then unfortunately some functions of the club cannot occur.
The committee looks forward to seeing members at this event. Life Membership of the club will be awarded to (TBA) for exceptional services rendered to the Club over a prolonged period of time. Clubman and Clubwomen of the year will be announced at the event.
Crave Restaurant, 238 Dorset Rd, Boronia VIC 3155